You must read and accept the Mageworld EULA before you may install Mageworld 3.0.
Note that Mageworld 3.0 requires DS 1.11 and Windows.
//////////////////////////////// // Mageworld 3.0 End User License Agreement:
Agreement (the "Agreement") is a legal agreement
between YOU (an individual or an entity) and Jim Farris (an
individual) for the SIEGELET "Mageworld" (hereinafter
referred to as the SIEGELET), which includes computer software
and electronic documentation. You should carefully read the
following terms and conditions before using the SIEGELET.
BY INSTALLING, COPYING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SIEGELET, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO INSTALL, COPY OR OTHERWISE USE THE SIEGELET.
01. OWNERSHIP. This SIEGELET is licensed, not sold or transferred. There is no charge for this SIEGELET, however, you do not own this SIEGELET nor any of the intellectual property contained within the content files of the SIEGELET. By installing, copying, and/or using this SIEGELET, you acknowledge you understand and agree that all Intellectual Property rights regarding the SIEGELET and all content within not already belonging to Gas Powered Games is retained by Jim Farris. By installing, copying, and/or using this SIEGELET, you acknowledge you understand and agree that installing, copying and/or using the SIEGELET gives you no rights of ownership or intellectual property to the SIEGELET nor any component materials, content files, characters, plotlines, concepts, trademarks, intellectual property including (but not limited to) music and/or graphics, and/or anything else within the SIEGELET and it's component files.
02. GRANT OF LICENSE. Jim Farris grants you the non-exclusive right to install and use the SIEGELET, as follows: You may install and use one (1) copy of the software on every computer you own. You may make one (1) "backup" or "archive" copy of the SIEGELET stored on non-removable electronic media such as a hard drive. You may make an additional one (1) "backup" or "archive" copy of the SIEGELET on removable media, such as a CD-ROM. You may share the physical copy of your removable media archive (such as a CD) with other individuals so that they too may also have a copy of the SIEGELET.
03. RESTRICTIONS. (A) You must comply with all applicable laws regarding the use of the SIEGELET, including (but not limited to) the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. (B) You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or alter the SIEGELET, including (but not limited to) the use of DSMOD, TankViewer, SiegeEditor, hex editing programs, or any other content viewer/extractors to view, extract and/or alter the content files of the SIEGELET or character save files created while using the SIEGELET. (C) You may only use the SIEGELET with a licensed and legally obtained copy of the retail version of Dungeon Siege. (D) You may not buy, sell, rent or lease the SIEGELET. (E) You may distribute physical copies of the SIEGELET to third parties in the form of physical CD archives, either in person or via regular mail/parcel services, SO LONG AS A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT IS INCLUDED. (F) You may NOT distribute non-physical copies of the siegelet to anyone without the express written permission of Jim Farris. This includes, but is not limited to, making copies of the siegelet available for download either through normal venues or through peer-to-peer filesharing software. (G) If at any time it is shown in a court of law that any part of this Agreement is not valid under the laws of your locale, nation and/or country of residence, and/or you attempt to show that this is the case either through oral and/or written communication and/or litigation, your Grant of License under this Agreement is immediately revoked and you must destroy all copies of the SIEGELET in your posession. (H) You must own a licensed and legally obtained copy of the retail version Dungeon Siege(tm) to use the SIEGELET. (I) You may only use the SIEGELET with a licensed and legally obtained copy of the retail version Dungeon Siege(tm).
04. EXCEPTION FOR CHARACTERS CREATED: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you retain all rights to the names (and only the names) of personal characters you may create in multiplayer play using the SIEGELET, assuming that the names are your own creation and not already the property of another individual or entity. This does not apply to characters created for single-player game-play, nor to multiplayer characters exported from single-player play.
05. SUGGESTIONS TAKEN BUT ACCEPTANCE NOT GUARANTEED. So long as you abide by all the provisions of this agreement, if you have suggestions for changes and/or find what you believe is an error ("bug") in the SIEGELET, you may make suggestions for changes by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, neither Jim Farris nor his assigns make any guarantee that any suggestions you make will be accepted, nor guarantee that they will appear in later updates of the SIEGLET should such updates ever be produced, nor should anything in this agreement be construed as any kind of obligation upon Jim Farris or his assigns to implement any changes or corrections you may suggest. Moreover, by installing, copying, and/or using this SIEGELET, you acknowledge and agree that when a suggestion for a change and/or correction is declined for whatever reason (or no reason at all), this is the final word on the matter.
06. TERMINATION. Jim Farris retains the right to terminate this Agreement without prior notice if you fail to comply, or Jim Farris and/or his assigns has/have reasonable belief that you failed to comply, with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In the event of termination of this agreement, you must destroy all copies of the SIEGELET and any/all related files in your posession.
07. NO WARRANTY AND NO GUARANTEES. Any use of the SIEGELET is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Jim Farris and his employees, agents, associates, affiliates, and assigns disclaim all warranties and conditions, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, and/or fitness for a particular purpose. Jim Farris and his assigns does not in any way guarantee the SIEGELET will even function on your machine, nor that if it does, that the play of the game will in any way be balanced, fair, or to your personal liking vis-a-vis playstyle, political correctness, content, pacing, game interface, overall entertainment value, or any other ordinary standard of judgement for electronic games.
08. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Jim Farris or his employees, agents, associates, affiliates, and assigns be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the SIEGELET (whether due to license termination or any other reason), even if Jim Farris has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
09. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF FEES. Jim Farris' entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this Agreement shall not exceed the purchase price of the SIEGELET. As the SIEGELET was free, this means you get nothing. Should you be found in a court of law to be in violation of this agreement or in violation of copyright laws regarding the material belonging to Jim Farris contained within the siegelet, you agree that all costs relating to litigation, including direct, incidental, punitive, renumerative and general legal fees, shall be assumed by you.
10. ACCEPTANCE OF COPYRIGHT. The SIEGELET is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. By installing, copying, and/or using this SIEGELET, you acknowledge you understand and agree that all content within are ©2004 Jim Farris (and/or Gas Powered Games, as appropriate by materials). You acknowledge that you understand the copyrights of this SIEGELET and all content within are protected under US law under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act and under International Law via the Berne Treaty, and by installing, copying or otherwise using the SIEGELET, you agree to be bound by these and all other applicable laws vis-a-vis the SIEGELET and all content files therein.
11. DEVELOPMENT CODE AND METHODOLOGIES REVEALED UPON REQUEST. So long as you abide by all the provisions of this agreement, you may at any time after installation and consequent acceptance of this agreement make a request to learn how any particular part of the SIEGELET works, or how Jim Farris created any particular part of the SIEGELET. This is NOT permission to open the SIEGELET (or character files created with the SIEGELET) for examination and/or alteration, which is NEVER granted. This includes only requests to see specific parts of the design code to broaden your own understanding of how Dungeon Siege works, and/or learn specific methods and/or techniques used to create specific parts of the SIEGELET so that you may use similar techniques in your own work. Requests must be in the form of politely-worded e-mails sent to email@example.com
12. PLAIN ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THE ABOVE: I made a game called "Mageworld". It's mine, not yours, and just because a copy of it might be sitting on your computer doesn't make it yours. Subject to several conditions, I am granting you permission to download it and play it, to hand copies of it to other people, and to make a couple archive copies in case your computer dies so you don't have to download it all over again. The conditions of allowing you to download, copy and play the game I created are that you understand and agree that you don't have the right to open the content files or save-game files in any program other than the retail game executable, you don't have the right to use parts of it in your own work, and you don't have any right to take parts of it and pass them off as your own work. You retain the rights to names of personal characters you create in multiplayer play, but you may not open the character save files to see how the game works or make alterations. If you don't agree to these conditions, or if you decide not to follow these conditions, or you attempt to prove that this agreement is invalid, then I am not granting you permission to download, copy or play this game. If you want to learn how I did anything in this siegelet, simply send me an e-mail and ask - I will reveal upon request any source code or methodologies which interest you or may be useful to you in your own work. If you have a suggestion for changes or bug-fixes, simply send me an e-mail about them. However, by accepting this agreement, you also agree that just because you think something should be different doesn't mean I am obligated to make it so.
13. MODIFICATION OF THE AGREEMENT. No amendment or modification of this Agreement shall be valid or binding on the parties unless made in writing and signed by both of the parties and/or by their respective duly authorized assigns.
14. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. Jim Farris reserves all rights not explicitly granted or enumerated in the this Agreement, subject to the limitations of applicable law.
15. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Mexico, USA. Each of the parties hereto submits to jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts governing Roosevelt County, New Mexico.
16. IGNORANCE NOT ACCEPTED. A copy of this Agreement is included in all legitemately distributed copies of the siegelet. As such, you are considered to have read and agreed to the terms of this Agreement by the act of installing, copying and/or using the SIEGELET. Failure to read this Agreement before installing the SIEGELET and/or outright refusal to read this Agreement does not constitute in any way an absolvement of Jim Farris' rights or your restrictions under this Agreement.
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties hereto and supersedes all previous communications, representations and understandings, oral or written, between the parties, with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
BY CLICKING "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ACCEPT THE ABOVE EULA.